Nokia 930 bricked after latest W10M update done on 15/09/2015, has anyone else experienced this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia 930 bricked after latest W10M update done on 15/09/2015

Ive install the latest Windows 10 Mobile patch which was released on the 14th of September. Once the process got to the end, I see a unhappy face logo and the phone rebooted. After seeing the Nokia logo in the middle of the screen, I see black and white text in the top quarter with a heading o Windows Boot Manager.

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

Just to confirm, I was already running Windows 10 and I just took the update which was downloaded to my phone overnight.

I have tried all the various reset key sequences but none work. Once you see the Nokia boot logo the error pops up immediately.

Ive tried the Windows Phone Recovery Tool (updated to the latest version) and this fails to see the phone at all.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Ruben de Boer

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia 930 bricked after latest W10M update done on 15/09/2015

I have not had a bricked phone. But when is used the WPRT it also couldn't find the device somtimes. You should try using another USB port or USB cable, that solved the problem for me, good luck!

Kuftaci

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm back with Lumia asking me to choose language. :) I successfuly reflashed the phone:

1. Start WPRT 2.1.2
2. Plug the phone with USB to PC.
3. After phone shows error message that file is corrupted or missing, press and hold power button and "volume down" button at the same time phone vibrates. The phone will reboot.
4. immediately after vibration, release the buttons and press and hold "volume up" button for 10 secs.
5. WPRT will offer to reflash the phone with generic Lumia phone image.
6. Press Continue.

This procedure worked for me, I hope it will help you as well.

Cheers,
Mario

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes