Why hasn't Windows 10 automatically repaired my Acer Aspire 5560G ( unable to boot normally so booting from USB)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 wont automatic repair my Acer Aspire 5560G ( unable to boot normally so booting from USB)

run down of errors when i try to do automatic repair:

1.Troubleshoot>Reset this PC>Keep my files> = error: The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

2.Troubleshoot>Reset this PC>Removes everything>= error:Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.

3.Troubleshoot>Advance options>System restore>= error: System restore: To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore.

4. Troubleshoot>System Image Recovery>= error:Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click retry. Alternatively close this dialog for more options.

5.Troubleshoot>Startup repair>= error: start up repair couldn't repair PC. Press advance to try other options to repair you PC or "shutdown" to turn off your PC. Log file:

6.Troubleshoot>Go back to the previous build>= Windows ran into a problem and wont be able to take you back to the previous build. Try resetting your current build instead(Troubleshoot > Reset this PC).

7. Install>Upgrade>Compatibility report: The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that windows stars normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade.

8.Install>Custom> We couldnt find any drivers. To get a storage driver, click load driver

when trying to load the USB it says no signed drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK

SO any tips on how to fix any of these. I just want to get my laptop running at this point and probably go back to windows 7. dont mind losing my files cus most were backed up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss