System reset not completing, any thoughts?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So, I had tried out the preview of Win 10 Mobile but I was having too many problems (updates wouldn't install, apps not working properly, etc.) so I decided to go back to 8.1. However, because the apps weren't working properly, I couldn't use the Windows Insider app (it kept closing right after you opened it, rinse, repeat). So, I checked the last back up which was right before I switched to Win 10, and decided to do a reset and then restore from backup.

The reset has now been going for 4.5 hours, and seems to get to a spot and then start over on the progress bar. I have done resets in the past with no issue at all, but this does not seem to be working.

So, am I screwed here or what? Thanks in advance.

Lumia 1520.3

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried it this morning. The phone is not detected. Because of that, I tried a soft reset on the phone twice, but it went back to the moving gears on the screen, and the software did not detect the phone.

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Tried it this morning. The phone is not detected. Because of that, I tried a soft reset on the phone twice, but it went back to the moving gears on the screen, and the software did not detect the phone.

Keep your phone connected to the PC and select the option, "my device was not found" (something like that) in the recovery tool, then press the volume down and power button until it vibrates. Don't disconnect at anytime. It should work.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Keep your phone connected to the PC and select the option, "my device was not found" (something like that) in the recovery tool, then press the volume down and power button until it vibrates. Don't disconnect at anytime. It should work.

That is exactly what I tried, twice. I left it sit for about 10 minutes after that, and it did not recognize the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen