Why can't I uninstall Windows 10 Enterprise Preview if it's been more than a month?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why can't i uninstall windows 10 enterprise preview if it's been more than a mon

I have windows 10 enterprise preview Evaluation copy, Build 10049 it's been over one month. Now that the new windows 10 is here and I understand you can't upgrade to windows 10 enterprise. I can't uninstall it or upgrade. I put windows 10 upgrade on a usb to install it and it will not install. What am I doing wrong or why won't it upgrade?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: why can't i uninstall windows 10 enterprise preview if it's been more than a mon

It probably recognizes that you already have Windows 10 installed on your machine. If you created original recovery disks of your computer (Windows 8x / 7), simply use them to recover your system to factory. Make sure that you first back up all your files before doing so because everything will get wiped out and deleted!

Also, it is important that you install the official Windows 10 as an update to Windows 7 / 8x on first install. Otherwise, you won't be able to activate your Windows 10 installation.

If you do not have any recovery disks, you can try downloading a Linux distro and install it over your existing system. Eventually, you should be able to boot from the Windows 10 USB stick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes