Why do Apps think I'm offline - Lumia 530?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Apps think I'm offline - Lumia 530

I have a recurring problem with several apps that require internet connection, I am online but the apps thinks I'm not. Doesn't matter if I'm on wi-fi or 3G they just show a message error... Happens with Duolingo, Poki and QuizUp
I've reset my phone 5 times already and nothing. I've tried Microsoft support and they don't know how to fix it beyond the factory reset. Anyone has any ideas?

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apps think I'm offline - Lumia 530

Don't tell me. Messenger and Candy Crush? And the occasional Windows Central App. I have to cycle Airplane Mode on and off for them. Lumia640

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Check if date/time and region are set correctly, turn message backup off (just a long shot), delete the wifi network, soft reset and then add your network again and try once more..

Remove the apps in question before going through all of that or just remove one to test for now

donnanoble

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Tried your suggestion but for some weird reason the WiFi won't delete. I delete the WiFi and after restart it connects automatically again... Very confused

donnanoble

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

My sister's phone is also a 530. We're on the same service provider, wifi and basic config. the apps work on her phone but on mine I get the offline message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05