Going to install Windows 10 preview on Lumia 525

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hey guys,I was thinking of installing the latest Windows 10 Preview on my Lumia 525 today...but, before I do that I need some info:-

1. How stable is the latest build?

2. If something goes wrong, how will I revert back to Windows Phone 8.1?

3. Are there any performance/battery issues after installing this build?

4. Will my Warranty be void if I install the preview?

5. Is there any bug that prevents normal operation of the phone (call blocking,call quality,sms,mobile data)?

Sorry, if these questions have been asked before, I haven't been to these forums for a long time so, have no idea. It would be very helpful if you guys could help answer my questions , thanks in advance :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,I was thinking of installing the latest Windows 10 Preview on my Lumia 525 today...but, before I do that I need some info:-

1. How stable is the latest build?

2. If something goes wrong, how will I revert back to Windows Phone 8.1?

3. Are there any performance/battery issues after installing this build?

4. Will my Warranty be void if I install the preview?

5. Is there any bug that prevents normal operation of the phone (call blocking,call quality,sms,mobile data)?

Sorry, if these questions have been asked before, I haven't been to these forums for a long time so, have no idea. It would be very helpful if you guys could help answer my questions , thanks in advance :)

1. "eh"

2. Windows Device Recovery Tool

3. Not necessarily, but you will probably see some kind of issues.
Some people see improved operation, others see trainwrecks.

4. Wouldn't it already be void considering the age of the phone?
But assuming its in warranty, as long as you revert to 8.1 you'll probably be fine.

5. There's going to be bugs, but I'm not aware of HUGE issues like no SMS. Although YMMV. Someone's experience doesn't necessarily show what someone else'swill be like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans