Why won't my phone turn on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone won't turn on

I have a refurbished nokia lumia 1320. All I know is, I was scrolling down my Instagram feed and my phone just went black. a few seconds later it looked as if it was restarting but it got as far as the nokia screen and then just went black again. it kept doing that all night until the battery went dead and it stopped trying to start up. there was one point in time where I was trying to hold down the power button to turn it completely off and an exclamation point popped up on the screen and then went away I tried charging it by connecting to a wall outlet as well as to my laptop but then all it does is show the charging screen and then maybe 5 seconds later it will try to start up and then go black again. Please Help!! ILOVE MY WINDOWS PHONE

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone won't turn on

Usually, when a phone encounters low battery and then tries to start up, the first thing the user should do is to either turn the phone off completely (by pressing the power button while it's starting up) or to plug it to a strong enough charger to prevent complete battery drain - completely draining a Li-ion battery is usually irreversibly damaging (i.e. killing the battery permanently).

Try leaving your phone undisturbed for at least 30 minutes. If that doesn't work, try using your powerbank (if you have one) - those things usually have an output higher than the default charger, that should give the battery a good kick start.

If those still don't work, then the battery may have just died (permanently) and the only solution is to have the battery replaced.

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb