How do I uninstall all the crap on Windows 10 that I don't want? Xbox, et etal etal?

W

WPCentral Question

How do i uninstall all the crap on windows 1o that i dont want? Xbox, et etal etal?

I simply want a package that provides Word that is not in the cloud, photos import and editing, make dvd package, access to internet and emails, Adobe, Quicktime, Media player and thats it. I like 100,000s of customers dont want the useless wizzbangs that Microsoft keeps forcing us to have. Keep it simple Windows 8 was bad Windows 10 is even worse. All most unusable for the average User. Worst man/machine interface that I have come across in 50 years of computer automation. Bring back Vista. At least it worked!

Bryan cole

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do i uninstall all the crap on windows 1o that i dont want? Xbox, et etal etal?

1. Open PowerShell as an Administrator
  2. Type 'get-appxpackage | remove-appxpackage -confirm' and press Enter
  3. On each item, read the name and press 'Y' and Enter on any that you want to delete. Otherwise, press 'N' and Enter.​

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do i uninstall all the crap on windows 1o that i dont want? Xbox, et etal etal?

1. Go to eBay
2. Search for 1990's PC
3. Make sure it has Windows XP
4. Live in the past

The connected world is the new world. Where applications are web or app based. Where you data is centralized.

You don't have to do this of course. Setup Windows with a Local account switches off 90% of the online stuff and makes the PC old style. And turn off the Start Menu icons and you just have an app list.

The options are still there for old school usage, but some of us like a connected world where a dead PC doesn't lose our data and we can access it from anywhere etc.

Chuckcell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I've gotta agree with the OP on at least one part. Don't have an XBOX & don't see the need.
Maybe the Cloud Storage is worth while _if_ you need to access a file with a desktop, a smart phone, and a tablet at various different times. I don't. And also I have to wonder - once those files are out there am I going to have to ransom them back when I want them?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I've gotta agree with the OP on at least one part. Don't have an XBOX & don't see the need.
Maybe the Cloud Storage is worth while _if_ you need to access a file with a desktop, a smart phone, and a tablet at various different times. I don't. And also I have to wonder - once those files are out there am I going to have to ransom them back when I want them?

then don't use it? it's not like it will bother you, or it knows who you are.... unless you open it, and log in, apps like Xbox won't really do anything it won't update or anything. what about unpin and forget?
Anyway the app does its job, it's not "crap" at all. also it's only 3mb, if you really can't hold an app with that kind of size... well, I feel bad for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo