Whats is fast ring and slow ring ??

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Abhilash
Fast ring and slow ring in the insiders preview program controls how the updates are delivered for windows 10 Preview. Preview is a trial software and any changes that the programmers make to windows 10 is released to fast ring first. So if you are in fast ring you get it before slow ring but that also means if there are any problems with the OS then you will also get it before anyone else and it may not even have solutions.

On the other hand the slow ring insiders will get the same OS update and a bit more which includes bug fixes and solutions to all the problems faced by the fast ring insiders. So while the fast ring might get 3-4 updates the slow ring might just get 1 update in that entire time.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If you join the insiders program you will get the updates before a non insider. it is almost like the non insider is on the slow ring and will get the update without too many issues.

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So if i wish to upadate my daily driver phone what should i select fast ring or slow ring ??

Windows 10M (Mobile) is in Beta (A trial Software) this case an Os.
If you want to try the latest pick the "Fast Ring" but be aware that your phone might run slower, some people concern of warm, laggy.
But it's worth the risk, since you help Microsoft by delivering feedback and bugs report.
So go and try "Fast Ring"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon