Why does my Microsoft Lumia have PC Suite Like Nokia, which is very useful?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why Microsoft Lumia Doesn't have PC Suite Like Nokia ? Which is very useful.

Why Microsoft Lumia Doesn't have PC Suite Like Nokia ? Which is very useful. PC Suite was very great in features like
? Accept, Reject and Text Reply for Calls from PC.
? Send Received SMS from PC

But in Lumia PC features are missing even its associated with the hotmail account. some common and major classic features are missing like.
? APPs are not installed on hotmail account its on the Device only
? SMS are not sync
? eMail forwarding attachment is not working.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
What is next? Complaining that you can't see incoming calls and messages on your TV screen while watching "The walking dead"?

I am glad that those cumbersome days of Nokia PC Suite are over! No longer do I have to look for my USB cable. No longer do I have to install proprietary software on a single PC in order to sync my phone, update contacts and so on.

Your Hotmail account is not a platform, so, installing apps on a Hotmail account doesn't even make sense!
Accepting, rejecting and text replying to calls from a PC may be handy for some people, however, why not laying your phone down in front of you while working on your PC? That works great, trust me! Doing it all the time! And, if the latest leaks can be trusted, texting from PC is coming ... !

I do not completely understand your "SMS are not sync" but, honestly, mine are! If you have the same Microsoft account on multiple phones and you enabled SMS Backup, you'll have the same message history on all Windows phones.

I don't know what your problems are with forwarding attachments but I do not have a problem with that either! Care to elaborate?

Just have a look how far the Windows platform has come! You no longer need to hook up your phone to a single computer in order to maintain your contacts. You no longer need to pair your phone to keep your calendar up to date. No longer do you have to worry about that your email is not in sync; they are the same on desktop laptop and phone - literally! No longer do you have to hook up your phone in order to transfer files, pictures and music. OneDrive can handle all that! And there are many more things that I won't mention because, otherwise, I would write a book here!

So, yeah, not being able to reject a call is a minor annoyance for some people! I am glad it is the way it is.
Also, I no longer need a Windows Phone to do all the above. My Note 4 works great with all the Microsoft services. And it seems like Microsoft is the only one that lets me use all of it even on other platforms. No complaints here ...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why Microsoft Lumia Doesn't have PC Suite Like Nokia ? Which is very useful.

Well i wasn't using a PC for a 3-4 months now, since it's dead, but i remember using Nokia Suite for my Asha 300, and it was very useful, much more easy to transfer data with it than without it. I wasn't using it for texting\calls, but for media, files and stuff, and i think it would be actually nice if MS could make something similar.

And, i remember this app having a banner saying something about connecting a Lumia to PC, so it was possible, and maybe still us, that is if still have that app.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Microsoft Lumia Doesn't have PC Suite Like Nokia ? Which is very useful.

Well i wasn't using a PC for a 3-4 months now, since it's dead, but i remember using Nokia Suite for my Asha 300, and it was very useful, much more easy to transfer data with it than without it. I wasn't using it for texting\calls, but for media, files and stuff, and i think it would be actually nice if MS could make something similar.

And, i remember this app having a banner saying something about connecting a Lumia to PC, so it was possible, and maybe still us, that is if still have that app.
Why would you need that for "files and stuff"? If you want to transfer your files the old way, connect your device via USB cable and copy your media files over. No need to have proprietary software running to do such a simple thing. Your phone acts like a flash drive. Just copy music into the music folder, videos into the video folder, pictures into the picture folder ... ... ...

Honestly: What has changed?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Why would you need that for "files and stuff"? If you want to transfer your files the old way, connect your device via USB cable and copy your media files over. No need to have proprietary software running to do such a simple thing. Your phone acts like a flash drive. Just copy music into the music folder, videos into the video folder, pictures into the picture folder ... ... ...

Honestly: What has changed?

Believe it or not, there are people who can't find music/photos etc folders on their phones when cnnected to a PC. With Nokia Suite, all you had to do is drag an' drop the item onto the phone image and it will transfer that item to appropriate folder for you.
And even though i understand these thibgs, i still used Nokia Suite, why? It was faster, it really was.

Except answering your text messages, managing calls and transfering files, the Ovi store was also integrated, and it was very easy to download and install apps.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Believe it or not, there are people who can't find music/photos etc folders on their phones when cnnected to a PC. With Nokia Suite, all you had to do is drag an' drop the item onto the phone image and it will transfer that item to appropriate folder for you.
And even though i understand these thibgs, i still used Nokia Suite, why? It was faster, it really was.

Except answering your text messages, managing calls and transfering files, the Ovi store was also integrated, and it was very easy to download and install apps.
I believe you. For such people, Microsoft created the Phone Companion app, so, once again: What has changed? :)
Automatically get all the stuff you love on your Windows 10 PC to your phone or tablet – even Android, iPhone, and iPad! The Phone Companion app will help you set things up so you never need to plug your phone or tablet into your PC again. Your music, photos, Word documents and Cortana reminders will be with you, whether you’re at your desk or out and about. It’s all of your stuff, on all of your devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers