How is the HP Spectre X2?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

HP spectre X2

I was wondering how efficient Intel core M7 is going to be for my needs which are statistical software such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc. and Office 2016? I'm not interested in Photoshop or gaming or any video editing. I just like the fact that it's Fanless.

dibsbibs

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: HP spectre X2

I don't know a whole lot about statistical software but can do my best to help you out with Office.

Am I right in that you want the m7 because it's the best performing m series chip?

My general opinion of the Core m series is it's great for people who want more grunt for every day tasks than an Atom can offer (Atoms tend to lag during 'heavy' everyday use) and want something that's fanless as you've said so they want to avoid the Core i series. I believe the m series are the best processor for everyday use when there isn't a need to run processor-intensive applications hence why I myself am considering a Core m 2-in-1 for everyday computing convenience while keeping my quad-core i7 for storage of multimedia and my Surveying and Spatial Science degree :)

In terms of Office programs, a m7 should be more than adequate for Word and PowerPoint and provided you don't have large and complex Excel calculations to perform, the m7 should also be adequate.

Hope that helps 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963