MS Band 2 step counter / pedometer not tracking all steps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does anyone know if the band is / should be counting the steps you take at home or around the office - eg walking around the kitchen, walking from room to room, etc? Or does it just track those steps when you are taking a brisk walk - eg going on an actual walk where you are moving continuously for a while?

My band 2 is only really counting the latter. For example, my cell phone pedometer shows over 200 steps since I woke up an hour ago, but the band shows 16 after walking around the house.

I actually sent my Band 2 back and got a replacement, but am experiencing the same problem, so I don't think it's due to a lemon device.

Is this regular behavior, or is there anything I might be doing wrong?

It seems that the sensor sensitivity needs to be increased.

Thanks!

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine is definitely behaving the same way. My Band 1 use to frequently out count my fitbit, but the Band 2 is under by around 10% ... Band 1 seemed the most accurate of the lot.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me that on Band 1 at least, the device has a problem waking step counter properly after a reset (or set up).

To solve this I take Band 1 off my wrist and hold it vertically by one side, then wave it back and forth rapidly using the grasping point as a pivot. Imagine a V shape to the motion with the Band creating the arms of the V at each end of the pivot.

Seems to wake mine up and cure sluggishness.*

* Does not work with small children, puppies or kittens. Do not attempt.

Josh Methven

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Sometimes it's when I walk further out of range from my phone for some (probably unrelated coincidence) reason.
But I also find, and get this. I will count but not update the number of steps until a few seconds after you take them. So for instance walking from your desk to the kitchen and back again.. it didn't show me the new step count until I basically sat down again.

ACF1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got one tonight. Mine seems to be undercounting as well. It seems to count only if the walk is extended, ie. + 15 steps, then it starts tracking. I'll keep playing with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap