Why is Cortana on Android giving me many more headlines than on Windows 10/Mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey guys,

I just set up Cortana as my main assistant on my secondary device, a Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen, and I've realised that it gives me headlines such as recommended news, local news, popular now, Windows 10 Mobile... whereas on my Lumia 830 (Windows 10 Mobile) and Windows 10 PC I am only getting science and technology news and top news. I've tweaked my interests via Cortana's notebook but it doesn't seem to make any difference. What am I doing wrong? It's annoying and frustrating that I'm getting much more rellevant news and headlines on Cortana for Android than on Cortana for windows. Any ideas? Thanks a lot for your help!

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I solved my own "problem". The difference between Cortana on my Android and Cortana on my Windows devices is the region; since Cortana for Android is not yet available in the UK, the region was set to the US and therefore it was giving me better suggestions, because apparently Bing sucks anywhere outside the US.

I have changed the region on my Windows devices and now Cortana is much smarter. My question now is: will I be missing out on something if I live in the UK but have my devices' region set to the US? Regional format is still UK so things like currency are not a problem. I had to change the default language to US English but that is not a problem either.

Thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion