Battery drain with 1520 on latest build?

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Since last night, I have been experiencing a bad battery drain. It seems my two highest usages are Skype and messaging, and the lock screen. I always have battery saver on. I keep all the extra stuff off (Double tap, glance, location, etc) Six hours of no usage brought down my battery by over 20%. I did a soft reset, and nothing. Any advice? Thanks!

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
It seems my phone is also sending stuff over wifi/data when idle, or being used. And they the culprit is my default lock screen....80% used in back ground.

It Wasnt Me

Banned
Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. I left my phone kind of generic. Great battery life. I do mean great. I did change lock screen and start screen, but what are you doing differently?

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I left my phone kind of generic. Great battery life. I do mean great. I did change lock screen and start screen, but what are you doing differently?

Nothing out of the normal. I do everything the same as in WP8.1, I have no clue how my lock screen could be using 80% of battery in the background.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 was nearly dead by the end of the day yesterday, which hasn't happened in a while, so I'm going with "yes, battery drain".

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a battery issue on 1520 as well. Turned off location, battery saver mode, wifi off but nothing helps. I have noticed that the upper part of the phone remains warm both from front and back. Anyone any ideas?

CombatRock

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Any recent apps downloaded? Had a issue with latest FB app causing phone to get warm and battery drain. Took it off and solved issue. This was on the Icon.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I haven't downloaded any new apps. For everyone else having a drain issue...What does it say under battery use? Like I said, mine is display/lock screen with almost 90% in background.

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine says display 79%. If I go and look at edge performance it also has display as 95%. So looks like some kind of display issue? But then the drain continues even if the phone is not in use and display is off.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Edge is normal for me, I hardly ever use it. Now that I checked however, my messaging app is a pretty high usage, as well. Not nearly as bad as my lock screen though. I did a hard reset after upgrading, I'd hate to have to do another one so soon.

bungiep

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Check that your email is not constantly syncing as that happened to me , I had to delete account and start again. That fixed it for me.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Only updates I did were last night; and one of them was a blank update with no name or anything. Odd.
How would I check if they were syncing constantly?

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Only updates I did were last night; and one of them was a blank update with no name or anything. Odd.
How would I check if they were syncing constantly?

Last night's blank update was Cortana. It switches on the new W10M Cortana for India and Australia. Should not do anything to affect your battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99