Bad experience with Microsoft store

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I called the number listed for the Microsoft store in my town on Friday to inquire about the preorders for Lumia 950XL. They told me they were taking preorders but I would have to go to the store in person to place an order. So I went to the store that evening, and when I asked them about it, they told me they stopped taking preorders. When I told them that I contacted them before coming there, they said it was the customer service and not them. It seems when you call the number listed for the actual stores, it goes to customer service and not to the store. If I wanted to speak to someone at the store, then I would have to ask the guys at the customer service centre to connect me to the store guys. Seriously, what the hell is this? I was mad. Why have the store numbers listed when you can't actually contact them? On top of this, they told me that the phones won't get any student discount nor the free display dock offer. I told them that I could get the student discount online, and they were surprised. Told me if that was the case, then I would have to order one online. I then called up the Chicago store, because I would be going there after thanksgiving and (after asking to speak to the store guys) they told me I could place a preorder over the phone and also told me if the online store takes student discounts, then they would be able to as well. It was genuinely nice talking to that guy after speaking to the morons in the Columbus store.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

That is indeed a bad experience. Unfortunately, every company falls victim to bad employees from time to time. It seems some more often than others. There is also the issue of companies falling victim to their own lack of education for their employees. If they don't teach their employees the policies, products, and how things work, then they can't give customers the service that customers deserve and demand.

The bit about calling a store and actually talking to customer service and not someone at the store is something that many, many companies are doing. I can't call my local bank down the street because the number automatically forwards me to the customer service line. If I want to talk to a person at the physical branch, I have to go into the bank and get the direct number to their private line. A bit ridiculous if you ask me, but it's the way business is going these days it seems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss