My Surface Pro 3/Windows 10 got a driver power state failure upon wakeup -- now will not boot beyond. What do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Was upgraded from 8.x a few weeks ago before I got it, and since I have put files on it, installed a few apps, installed Office 2007 home/student, itunes, and a few other things. Put it in sleep mode last night by pushing the power button and closing it up. When I pushed the button again this morning, it stayed on the "Surface" logo for a long time, then told me it got a "driver_power_state_failure" error and needed to be restarted. Now it will not restart past that "Surface" logo. How can I either recover it, or boot it in safe mode, so I can fix this? And what do I do to fix it? Please help.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You'll have try to boot into "safemode"
3 Ways to Boot Windows 10 Into Safe mode

Sadly I think they took out the old way of pressing F8

But I think you'll have to make a bootable W10 USB drive, then insert the USB then follow the following steps from:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...overy-device%3Fos%3Dwindows-10&token=pWMV2lr5

You'll then want to backup your data once in SafeMode ASAP. After that you can try a "Refresh", if that doesn't work, you'll have to do a "Reset" back to factory, and re-install your apps, programs, data.

I ran into this a couple of days ago, when I forced my SP3 to use the new SP4 pen. The only way I got out was to start all over with a fresh install :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster