Why has my Nokia Lumia 830 started giving me a slow charge message?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 830 has started giving me a slow charge message.

It does not matter what charger/cable combo I use, including the original. I have to restart my phone for it to charge correctly, but only behaves for abut two days, and then I have to reboot again due to "slow charge" message. What's going on here?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 830 has started giving me a slow charge message.

Does it actually charge more slowly? If it still functions fine I'd turn off the option in USB settings.

sbtpdx

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my ATT Lumia 830. It seems to have started around the time of the 8.1 Update 2 ("full" Denim). As in the original post, it happens randomly, even with the OEM charger & cable. I haven't noticed a reduction in charging speed, but it seems to be happening more often (now ~1-3/ day). I've tried soft & hard resets, and also downloaded last week's firmware update. I am reluctant to turn off the notification, as I am concerned it might be signaling a problem. Thanks in advance to any of you with insight on this.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem with the L635... It worked fine until I did the firs build of Win10... After that battery drained fast so I rolled back to 8.1 but battery life was still draining fast... So a few months ago I get the slow charge using all types of chargers... Some will work fine for a few days then all of the sudden the message starts poping up and recently went Win10 again and still have the low battery life and slow charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos