950 Living Images

cochisey

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have had my 950 for a week or so now. Living images worked for the first few days but just noticed today it hasn't been working for 3-4 days or so. I've checked settings, capture is on, have tried resetting, still not working. Has anyone else experienced this?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure of this helps but living images only "work" if you take a picture where there is "movement". So for a "static" picture no living image is made in the 950 (XL) even if you switch it on.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Does the camera recognize if there is movement and select to make it a living image?

Not sure how it works. Got it from this review.
http://m.windowscentral.com/lumia-950-review

"Interestingly, Living Images are now only invoked when movement is detected in the photo instead of being applied across the board for every photo taken."

But I guess it still "records" the live image and has a algorithm to "detect" movement and if there is "movement" it does not save and or stops recording.

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
same problem here..thou the pics show in file information as LI that means living images but the photo gallery is not showing any movement....
can we see the pics any other way

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have a L950 with .39 update through the insider programme, but not the firmware update.

The living images worked for a few days, but have not worked since. These few pictures an still be viewed, but I cant take any more.

Majid Bastan

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I just updated the OS to the 10586.63 version, so HOPEFULLY living images would come back. Unfortunately, nothing changed :( I'm really frustrated. I do not know what we can do to have this nice feature back.

Majid Bastan

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Phone: Lumia 950
OS build: 10586.63
Firmware revision number: 01078.00027.15506.02024
I did the hard reset one day after I updated the OS from 36 to 68. Honestly, I am not sure whether updating the OS matters or not as I did not try the hard reset when I had older OS versions, but what I can say is that it works NOW. So hopefully if you update your OS to 63 and do the hard reset, it will work.
Hope that your images become alive very soon!

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Have had my 950 for a week or so now. Living images worked for the first few days but just noticed today it hasn't been working for 3-4 days or so. I've checked settings, capture is on, have tried resetting, still not working. Has anyone else experienced this?

I think I have this sorted now - thanks to a post on MS Forums (I can't rmbr the link). Check that camera, Lumia Cinemagraph and Photos are running in the background, and it should magically work again! I don't know which is the important app to have running, so its worth playing around with different combinations. I hope this works for you.

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I have this sorted now - thanks to a post on MS Forums (I can't rmbr the link). Check that camera, Lumia Cinemagraph and Photos are running in the background, and it should magically work again! I don't know which is the important app to have running, so its worth playing around with different combinations. I hope this works for you.

Thank you 😊... That was it. It was THAT simple and no one knew. I searched the forums... No one had the answer... Weird!?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon