Microsoft Lumia 950/950XL and Windows Hello Usage

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I?m hearing a lot of comments about Windows Hello, about this feature not working reliably for many. For the few days I?ve owned the Lumia 950XL Windows Hello has recognized me 100% of the time. It?s worked with and without my glasses. It?s worked in total darkness. It?s worked when I had just awaken with sleep in my eyes. Below is what I did during setup:

? I made sure that lighting was sufficient before setting up Hello. I was under an LED light that was pretty bright.
? Next, I made sure I was looking at the camera in the upper right corner of the screen. First I made sure my eyes were in view on the screen, and then a looked at the camera and not the screen. This was done without my glasses.
? Lastly, I made sure the camera screen surface was normal to my eyes line of sight. Picture this by imagining a laser coming from your eyes, hitting the screen surface and reflecting back into your eyes. I didn?t want the screen at an angle.

I only had to setup Hello once. Never had to refine the setup again. My wife had some issues and I explained how I think it?s recognizing me every time, which been probably about 40 - 50 times to date. She says Hello now pretty much recognized her every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon