Whatsapp not displaying on Lock Screen? (W10m)

MattyJ94

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, im having some issues with WhatsApp. When I go onto my lock screen settings to chose individual apps or one detailed app, I can never get WhatsApp to display any notifications. The name is in the list for both options, but it comes up as a red cross in whichever slot I assign it too? Normal notifications work fine, just not regarding the lock screen. I'm running the latest build, but after searching around, I can't find any advice anywhere either! Any help is appreciated!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings -> System -> Notifications & Info -> tap on Whatsapp. Make sure "Notifications" are enabled. Banner and Sound are up to you. Now make sure that "Treat Notifications on lockscreen as private" is disabled.

MattyJ94

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for getting back, Yep that's all set up right. I've tried reinstalling but still nothing. The problem is, is on the quick and detailed status settings, within the lock screen settings itself. The little icon once it's selected shows a little red cross instead of the app icon. And the detailed status never shows on lock screen either. Any ideas?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for getting back, Yep that's all set up right. I've tried reinstalling but still nothing. The problem is, is on the quick and detailed status settings, within the lock screen settings itself. The little icon once it's selected shows a little red cross instead of the app icon. And the detailed status never shows on lock screen either. Any ideas?

Other than the one I've already posted? No, sorry. :/ Maybe that detailed status thing doesn't really work and is blocking the notification icon too. I don't really think it's even possible, but I'd certainly try and choose a different app for detailed status.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers