Viewing Windows Central in IE/Chrome/FF has a massive delay before the page appears. Why the delay?

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
viewing windows central in ie/chrome/ff has a massive delay before the page appears.

Basically, I have a few tabs open of various forums within windows central that I regularly view, and since they had updated their webpage (been a while, but its got me to a boiling point now!) the page even when switch back and forth tabs or pages, there is something like 1-2 second delay for the actual start of text content to appear (before any images/styles are applied)

Its doing this in latest IE and chrome. I can understand initially that there might be a delay, but I've never known it to happen to other sites when just switching page/tabs to wpcentral site.

why the delay? Looking at the dev network, its getting 3mb of data every time, makes 317 request and takes 43seconds to fully display the page. Isn't that a bit excessive? A lot of ads as well, and I really don't want to put up an ad blocker to block those to be honest.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: viewing windows central in ie/chrome/ff has a massive delay before the page appears.

Can you post some screen shots of the reports?

Could you screen record some loads?

Why no AdBlocker if I may ask?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas