Lost my contact details and Photos

W

WPCentral Question

My son tried opening the phone which is password protected to play games. He seemed to have typed wrong password more than 3 times and thus my entire contact details and photo's have been erased. Is there any possibility of getting the contact details and most importantly photos back? Its a Nokia Lumia 925 phone

Please help as i will be losing some important photos of family outings.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My son tried opening the phone which is password protected to play games. He seemed to have typed wrong password more than 3 times and thus my entire contact details and photo's have been erased. Is there any possibility of getting the contact details and most importantly photos back? Its a Nokia Lumia 925 phone

I'm really surprised that typing in the wrong password more than 3 times resulted in you losing your photos and contacts

What about music and other files like documents or videos? Or apps, are they still there? Including app data like whatsapp chat history (assuming you use it)

Your contacts are automatically saved with your Microsoft account. So first check whether you are signed in or not. If you aren't signed in, do that and wait for your contact to sync back to the phone

Your photos-if you had automatic uploads enabled for camera roll, then your photos would be backed up on your onedrive account which is the same as your microsoft account

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I m very surprised at this erasing feature. Is it available on windows phone?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
First, this problem makes no sense. Typing in the incorrect password multiple times at most locks you out for a short period of time. Something else had to have occurred to lose that data. Hold the power and volume down buttons to do a soft reset and give it a try again.

Second, two prime features of Windows Phone (and any smart phone these days for that matter) is cloud backup. Your contacts should all be saved to your Microsoft account. Your photos should all be auto synced to OneDrive. With those two built in features you won't ever lose data.

The features are there for a reason... use them. They'll make your life easier by avoiding situations like this.

I got a new phone on Christmas eve, plugged in my Microsoft don't detailed and in 5 minutes I had all the info from my old phone on the new phone via cloud backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99