Lumia 830 Glance screen not working.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been on the Windows Mobile 10 build for a while now (and on the latest update) but despite of having the Glance screen settings, the Glance screen doesn't seem to work. The screen on my 830 always remains black.

Anyone with the same issue ?

Thx.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my 830 from a year and never had any issues with glance. There was a brief time between certain WM10 builds when glance settings wasn't accessible directly but it still worked. What you could try is to perform a hard reset and install the latest glance update for WM10 and it should work unless it's a hardware issue.

Piet Snot

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that already but no luck. It worked only once.
Now I get a black screen when opening the Glance screen settings. The only thing that appears is the title "glance screen".
After installing Glance screen via Sysapp Pusher, it worked but again only once. After that, the screen stays black.
Very strange behaviour.

Something in addition and I'm on the latest W10 build (63):
After a reboot, the Glance screen works but only once. The second time, the screen stays black.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on my L830.
Before update to last w10M build yesterday , I had reset my phone before update (I think reset can solve my screen ON and OF randomly But it still problem :(( )

Hope we will find the solution soon.

Glance Screen is the best for Lumia

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Something you people may want to check is to see if the proximity sensor is working properly.

Go call someone and see if the screen turns on and off properly when you wave your hand over.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Proximity sensor is work good (Make a call and checked) , but i found something more with my Nevigation Key light is alway off!!!!

My L830 W10M 10.0.10586.63

Thank for all reply

The backlight is a bit more conservative on WM10, at least on the 830. On my 1520 it comes up just fine. What issue are you having regarding Glance? It works just fine on the 830.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12