Can you transfer text messages and contacts from a Windows Phone to an Android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching from my Lumia Icon to a Samsung Galaxy S6 since I'm getting tired of waiting for Microsoft to bring a new Windows Phone to Verizon. I will return to Windows eventually though if Microsoft ever releases a decent flagship Windows Phone on Verizon again. But until then I'm getting quite fed up and I'm losing my patience. I've waited over 2 years for a new phone and now it seems like it could be more years before there's even a possibility of a new flagship coming to Verizon. I'm locked in to Verizon because of a shared business account so I can't just switch carriers on a whim. If I do switch though, will I be able to transfer all my contacts and text messages over to the S6?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

WindowsCentral members would be more familiar with transferring SMS to a Windows Phone, rather than away from it.

Contacts definitely can be transferred. I'm not sure about SMS (Samsung Smart Switch is for transferring data from another Android device or an iPhone).

I'd suggest that you ask over at our sister site AndroidCentral. They would probably be better able to help. Ask a Question - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)