Are you open to ideas?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

are you open to ideas

what i want what the users want is a tab that totally stops all windows activity in the background no updating no background log files being written no damn windows defender slowly masturbating behind the scenes basically i we want to be able to work completely undisturbed things like hp quickstart, windows store, microsoft edge,power DVD,action centre,auto app updates,especially damned adobe updates,incoming emails or anything else that is not immediatly nessesary while i work on creating my game mods a good idea would be to rewrite task manager in plain language instead of all the hyroglyphics it currently has a persons head starts to spin trying to figure out whats safe to disable oh im supposed to ask a question so here it is HHHEEEELLLLLPPPP me im drowning in background activity will you please help me ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: are you open to ideas

Just to be clear…

This is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

For any specific requests to update the OS, you should use the Feedback App. Go to the Cortana/Search box on your taskbar and type in "feedback." Click on the "Windows Feedback" result and use the App.

That said, here are two resources you may find helpful:
Your Guide To Windows 10 Privacy Settings
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10

Go carefully with these. If you do not know what the new settings requests do, use a web search to get information. Haphazardly changing settings and modifying your OS could possibly destabilize your system. Try a few items and read up on terms you are not familiar with. I would suggest only one or two changes at a time and be sure to have restore points set so you may revert if your system starts acting up. Proceed gradually, rather than rushing in with wholesale changes.

FWIW, disabling Windows Defender and Defender updates is only advisable if you have another av program running and it is getting updates.

You may also want to read up on some resources here: http://www.bing.com/search?q=optimize+windows+10&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whcrumb