Lumia Icon or Lumia 640xl

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey folks, long time wp users trying to pick my next phone. I am open to any suggestions but I am mainly concerned with the lumia icon for verizon or an unlocked 640xl that would most likely be used on cricket.

I can get a certified preowned icon from verizon for $150 through their prepaid service. The 640xl is $250 new through Microsoft.

I'm mostly focused (pun intended) with the camera. I love to take photos with my phone. Mostly of my nephew and niece and my pups. I do enjoy macro shots as well. Does anyone have any experience comparing the two cameras? I know there's a megapixel difference but I'm really not hung up on that.

Also does anyone have any experience with VZW preowned? I got my wife an iphone and it was in perfect condition.

Thanks for any help

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
The icon is a premium phone and the 640xl is still budget I've just sold my 930 & have bought a 640xl. I miss the dedicated camera button,qi charging and only have 8gb storage although you can add a memory card it does slow the phone down as it only has 1gb ram.
Hope this helps

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
The Icon is a powerful phone with the best camera I have ever owned. Verizon gives it less than zero support, so you will be on your own, but it's ruggedly built and can get bounced around with no ill effects. It's nearly two years old at this point, but given the low demands of the WP 8.1 operating system, it still has all the horsepower to keep up with anything you throw at it. The knock on it would be a smallish battery. It does support wireless charging, but if you are going to be out and about I would recommend you bring along a battery stick.

It's unclear if the Icon will see an official upgrade to Windows 10 mobile, but plenty of Icon owners have been participating in the insider program, and many seem happy so far. I haven't taken the plunge yet, because my phone reliability is too important to me to tinker around with, but it seems that Microsoft is ready to designate a build of W10 mobile as ready for release. Once that happens I may reconsider - even if I have to do so unofficially.

If you know you are only choosing between the Icon and the 640, I have no problem recommending you choose the Icon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk