How can I stop the Lumia 640 from loading emails from Outlook?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,
While on vacation recently I installed Skype on my husband's Lumia 640. In the process I must have inadvertently signed into my Outlook account...who knows. Anyway, my email is now on his phone and we can't delete it since it's the first one to be associated/linked/whatever with my husband's telephone ( he doesn't want any email on this phone). Now he's getting notifications, obviously, and when he deletes them, they are sent to the trash, obviously. This is a problem for both of us.

Short of resetting the phone, is there a way to prevent the Lumia 640 from accessing my email? Can we turn off the email without resetting the phone?

Help!! Please.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If your Husband's phone is signed into your Microsoft Account he will see all your Outlook email, Text, MMS, and Skype. It will also complicate/confuse Backup and Restore for his phone and yours.

Reset the phone and have him sign in under his Microsoft Account. Settings > about > reset your phone. As a Microsoft Account holder he would have his own Skype, of course.

During setup he can safely restore from his last backup. You should then run a new Backup on your phone once they are separated.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap