External USB Microphone does not work while shooting video with my 950XL, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

External USB Microphone does not work while shooting video with my 950XL

Hi,

I am using the 950XL at my work and love it.

Recently I bought a USB Microphone (Rode Podcaster). It works really well while using it to record voice-interviews with the audio recorder?..but while shooting video the phone uses the internal mic instead of the external!?

Microsoft Sweden tells me the video-app does not support external microphones and do not have any solution getting around the problem.

This just can?t be right?! Why having a high-end phone with a beautiful camera and USB OTG and do not letting it to support external microphones in video???? In situations like this I actually feel a bit stupid not going for an iPhone?.

Have Microsoft simply forgotten to unlock something in the code for the video-app? It just don?t make any sense?.

Regards,

Per (Sweden)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: External USB Microphone does not work while shooting video with my 950XL

while i haven't tried with my 950 (or windows 10 in general) I was able to record video with an external mic in the headphone port on WP8.1 on my 920.... for my use, it wasn't as clean as using my dslr with microphone

FERRYOUWENDIJK

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

Hi,

I am using the 950XL at my work and love it.

Recently I bought a USB Microphone (Rode Podcaster). It works really well while using it to record voice-interviews with the audio recorder…..but while shooting video the phone uses the internal mic instead of the external!?

Microsoft Sweden tells me the video-app does not support external microphones and do not have any solution getting around the problem.

This just can’t be right?! Why having a high-end phone with a beautiful camera and USB OTG and do not letting it to support external microphones in video???? In situations like this I actually feel a bit stupid not going for an iPhone….

Have Microsoft simply forgotten to unlock something in the code for the video-app? It just don’t make any sense….

Regards,

Per (Sweden)

i am walking into the same issue !!!! this is a problem to use it as MoJO reporter !!

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site

I guess this is something ti complain about in the feedback app. :/ but yeah maybe a third party app works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs