Why viber shows offline in windows 7 even when connected to internet?

W

WPCentral Question

I am connected to internet via usb CDMA modem. All other apps have internet access. Even viber is able to search for public chat topics. But rest of the features of viber, like call , message, says no internet connection. please help!!

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello. As far as Viber connection is concerned, connecting via USB is a less stable internet connection for usage - similar to a data connection on your mobile phone. Unfortunately, most uses of a USB internet connection may result in connection issues for Viber.

Please try opening ports on your desktop in order to rule out that this is not part of the issue. Information regarding opening ports for Viber is available here (make sure you are following the instructions for Windows 7/8): https://support.viber.com/customer/portal/articles/1506350

Good luck!

-Viber Support Team Member

Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
This is an issue of network recognition of Windows. In my computer this problem appeared with both Windows 7 and 10 when I go online via USB modem (Dongle), but not with wifi. But it worked out with USB modem and connected to the Viber, when I connected in some other way without using mobile partner.
Connect to the dongle, through the network connections icon in the right side corner of task bar. Click your service provider name that comes under “Mobile broadbad connection” and click “connect”. Give the APN of your service provider and keep the name and password blank and click next.
Eventually the mobile partner also indicates connected and Viber goes online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12