How do I prevent Edge from making itself the defautl browser.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It is extremely annoying that edge makes itself the default browser each time my laptop restarts. On each start up I have to reset the default to firefox. I'm not interested in using edge and really don't want it updating itself to the default browser at any point. If I choose firefox as my default I would like it to remain that way

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It is extremely annoying that edge makes itself the default browser each time my laptop restarts. On each start up I have to reset the default to firefox. I'm not interested in using edge and really don't want it updating itself to the default browser at any point. If I choose firefox as my default I would like it to remain that way

in settings have you changed the default app to open webpages to be firefox?

leonvr

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes firefox has all the defaults it can have, but on a restart of the laptop Edge is the default browser again. Its very annoying. Every restart I have to reset my default browser to firefox as Edge hijacks the default browser settings. Same issue with Chrome and Opera. Edge hijacks the browser settings. I'm not interested in using Edge as use the developer tools in Chrome and Firefox

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon