Store app won't open on W10M build .71

kevin taylor12

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Just today, I couldn't open the store app all of the sudden. Is it a temporary bug? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I have restarted my phone, and still won't open.

hellohassan

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I got this Problem, not because of updating to .36 or .71, but Some days before I got update for Store itself during .36. Download completed. it just began to install, after that its stopped working. When I launch just getting the Black screen. If I double tap, it opens some app in home screen. Now I updated to .71, nothing fixed. So I think Reset only will fix the issue. I don't want reset now. So I am waiting for the Major Build that may fix it.

kevin taylor12

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I got this Problem, not because of updating to .36 or .71, but Some days before I got update for Store itself during .36. Download completed. it just began to install, after that its stopped working. When I launch just getting the Black screen. If I double tap, it opens some app in home screen. Now I updated to .71, nothing fixed. So I think Reset only will fix the issue. I don't want reset now. So I am waiting for the Major Build that may fix it.

Have you tried to open it many times? The store started to work just randomly for me. Thankfully! I hate hard resets

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

My store app was fine but I do have same problem when opening apps it only leaves a blank screen. This applies also to All Apps. When you try to open apps from Windows Store using Open button, it doesn't work.

The blank screen issue when opening apps looks like just an unnoticed behavior that the Live Tiles are technically still there on screen, it just wasn't visible because its not supposed to after the animation. We don't notice this because we don't interact with Tiles during animation sequence.

Anyways, I still have this issue with latest build .107 which I thought it would fix this problem but it wasn't. Now I can't open some of the apps anymore unless I reinstall them one-by-one. Its annoying but that's the only my solution to mine.

Also I found out so far that the apps won't open is when they're installed in SD card. The problem is that some of them lost in the app list and when going to Windows Store, its still have this Open button. So technically they're not removed but possibly became corrupted for no reason known.

Microsoft needs to be aware of this underlying bug that I'm afraid still exist, you just have to be unlucky to reproduce this bug randomly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3