Connected to Wifi on Windows Mobile 10, but no Internet access, HELP?

enzom09

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I recently decided to switch over to my Lumia 640 XL because my 1520's ghost taps issues was just getting too much to handle (if anyone knows a fix for that, i'd love to hear it as well). I updated to the most recent build of windows mobile 10 (it had been on the one previous to that before) and I immediately started noticing issues, including connecting to WiFi, which had been working flawlessly before. I did a hard reset and still the same thing. I've tried a second wifi network and get the same results. It connects but says no internet access. I think it may be related to the update, but I don't see how. Thanks

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have suffered this and have never been able to put my finger on it. Wit is frustrating but the way I get round it is turn off wifi, reboot router and turn WiFi back on. Works fine, but occasionally it will happen again.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Settings\sims\turn\data switch off a minute. Turn it back on and see what it does.
Is data works on cellular network?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I think hotspots have been an issue with w10m. Sure I've seen a couple of threads about it. Resetting router usually works for me

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
even i m facing the same issue with my 730.. plz someone provide me solution, should i downgrade??

Delete all wifi hotsposts from list, turn off wifi, then turn on again an connect to your favourite hotspot

For internet sharing, check APN settings in sim card. Sometimes during update they reset

Rockstar Singh

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
whenever i connect , for first about 5~10 seconds, it shows 'No Internet' , then after that it shows wifi signal on top ...... but i m not able to sync my hotmail on the device,. it shows error 0x80072efd and sometimes 0x80072ee2. i also tried to jailbreak my lumia , and it was successful, is the cause of this wifi problem??

Rockstar Singh

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
whenever i connect , for first about 5~10 seconds, it shows 'No Internet' , then after that it shows wifi signal on top ...... but i m not able to sync my hotmail on the device,. it shows error 0x80072efd and sometimes 0x80072ee2. i also tried to jailbreak my lumia, i mean interop unlock , and it was successful, is the cause of this wifi problem??

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Its nothing to do woth your phone....... You need to see ur wifi DNS ... The DNS is the culprit... Call your ISP tell him to relese or reset your MAC ... And then try.. Also if IPV 4 or 6 is set automatic... Set it manual.. It wil work ... U can get all your credentials within the wifi-seating page..

Moez Juventus

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
All my other devices connected to the same wifi spot work like a charm. I've already tried to reset my modem. It seems like the problem is random. After some tries and many hours, it works now. I'll keep you posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle