Lumia435 Phone part fully full, but nothing seen by PC. Where is my data?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia435 Phone part fully full, but nothing seen by PC

Hi (first post here).
I'm living in France. Lumia435 bought in Bombay 1 year ago.
Phone part is quite full, despite having transferred all personal data and many Apps in the SDcard...
My Question: Lumia connected to my PC, impossible to read anything linked to the Phone part: Docs, Download, Music,Pics,Ringtones, Videos... nothing is visible.
And I don't talk about the totally invisible System and all of the Apps.
It's a big deception, because I thought - when I bought this first Microsoft brand - that it would be very clear for the Windows user I am.
May I have an help? Thank you

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia435 Phone part fully full, but nothing seen by PC

Hi (first post here).
I'm living in France. Lumia435 bought in Bombay 1 year ago.
Phone part is quite full, despite having transferred all personal data and many Apps in the SDcard...
My Question: Lumia connected to my PC, impossible to read anything linked to the Phone part: Docs, Download, Music,Pics,Ringtones, Videos... nothing is visible.
And I don't talk about the totally invisible System and all of the Apps.
It's a big deception, because I thought - when I bought this first Microsoft brand - that it would be very clear for the Windows user I am.
May I have an help? Thank you

when you connect your phone, do you leave the phone locked? It has to be unlocked for you to be able to enter the storage and view pictures, documents, ringtones, music, videos and downloads.

Second part is while connected, can you check for updates for the laptop? There might be a driver update

You could also search for and download microsoft phone companion software for syncing of content

And finally, can you check storage sense to see what is occupying a lot of storage space?

jpb 153

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Chintan Gohel

Thank you for quick answering. Here are some infos to serve :
- Lumia435 dual SIM under Windows Phone 8.1, Version: 8.10814.14234.375, Version microprogramme: 02074.00000.15234.28004
- linked to my desktop (Windows 10) by cable, OK. Part SDCard and Phone are visibles.
So I think my Lumia435 isn't locked.
- SDCard repertories : all files are easily transferable to PC, OK

Two problems:
A - part Phone is always fully full, as I said... 7.11 Gb used on 7.28. Only 170 Mb free.
B - repertories of Phone : all says they are EMPTY of any file...!
so I can't transfer any files from Phone to my PC
Look at my Lumia435 Phone at this day:
Docs (=0), Dld (=0), Music (=0), Pics (=0), Videos (=0), Ringtones (=0)
And clicking on this Phone part shows only these repertories, nothing else about apps...

You say:
- "while connected, can you check for updates for the laptop? There might be a driver update" = OK I have done the update, just now.

- "For the laptop", you mean my Desktop or the Lumia 435 ? If Lumia435, now also I've created a Lumia_Microsoft password... No changes, but it's new : after password (when connecting to PC), now Lumia435 offers me several options : I only experiment the "Just Let me see repertories and files" (prudent, I scare to have to synch all, without faculty to choose what I must or not transfer)...

- "download microsoft phone companion software for syncing of content" :
may you give me the right link, please?

- "check storage sense to see what is occupying a lot of storage space"
humm, I don't know how to proceed...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Chintan Gohel

Thank you for quick answering. Here are some infos to serve :
- Lumia435 dual SIM under Windows Phone 8.1, Version: 8.10814.14234.375, Version microprogramme: 02074.00000.15234.28004
- linked to my desktop (Windows 10) by cable, OK. Part SDCard and Phone are visibles.
So I think my Lumia435 isn't locked.
- SDCard repertories : all files are easily transferable to PC, OK

Two problems:
A - part Phone is always fully full, as I said... 7.11 Gb used on 7.28. Only 170 Mb free.
B - repertories of Phone : all says they are EMPTY of any file...!
so I can't transfer any files from Phone to my PC
Look at my Lumia435 Phone at this day:
Docs (=0), Dld (=0), Music (=0), Pics (=0), Videos (=0), Ringtones (=0)
And clicking on this Phone part shows only these repertories, nothing else about apps...

You say:
- "while connected, can you check for updates for the laptop? There might be a driver update" = OK I have done the update, just now.

- "For the laptop", you mean my Desktop or the Lumia 435 ? If Lumia435, now also I've created a Lumia_Microsoft password... No changes, but it's new : after password (when connecting to PC), now Lumia435 offers me several options : I only experiment the "Just Let me see repertories and files" (prudent, I scare to have to synch all, without faculty to choose what I must or not transfer)...

- "download microsoft phone companion software for syncing of content" :
may you give me the right link, please?

- "check storage sense to see what is occupying a lot of storage space"
humm, I don't know how to proceed...

MS Phone companion app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-phone-companion/9wzdncrfj3pm#app-details

To check storage sense: go to settings, scroll down until you see something about storage. It should show you a breakdown of what is using all the space. Alternatively, you can also go to apps list and scroll to S and under that storage sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans