Windows 10 - Forced to Update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I told Windows 10 to notify me regarding updates but to allow me to choose when to install them. Like a good user I typically do not install the updates right-away because I'm always busy.

I have noticed that every time my machine hangs or gets the B.S.O.D., lo and behold, Windows begins to install an update upon restart.

Me thinks that MS have built in a fail-safe to guarantee that we all update our Windows OS and are forced to take whatever changes are being handed to us, whether we like it or not.

If someone has found a creative solution to this problem other than "just let Windows do it's thing", I am all ears. I am an IT professional so I've tried all the setting combinations I can find and Googled a bit but frankly get tired of reading all the possible solutions that I just live with it. Now I'm simply curious.

It's not that I do not want my OS to be kept up-to-date, I just want some control over the state of my machine rather than the OS deciding when and if to force an install. Is that too much to ask? I'm not convinced this is a defect in the software, but rather a very insidious method of forcing everyone to be on the latest MS-ware which is bloating by the minute.

Thanks for listening.

Andy S - Newport Beach, CA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven