Adjust Whatsapp text size in w10m?

sri kamal

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
How to change the text size in windows 10 mobile.. The default setting is not applying to whatsapp screen..is this due to latest update for fast ring??

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp text size in windows 10

Whatsapp > settings > chats and calls > text size > should take you to "visual options"

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp text size in windows 10

I tried that not working :-( setting is set to minimum but the text size looks large

You have an issue with large text size? Lol I thought you were having issues with the opposite...

Try this: settings > system > display > move slider of "size text, apps...." to the left (about 50% of the way) > check if issue is resolved

moe124

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!

Super excited to be on Windows 10 Mobile. A true community platform.

The issue I am seeing is that older apps that aren't updated to the new Windows 10 Mobile layout (menu in the top left) are not following the system wide font size rules. Apps like the new Windows Central app, Groove, Outlook all scale the text as expected. Apps like WhatsApp, MetroMail, and Wunderlist do not.

I set the setting to the lowest possible (300%) and restarted a few times but nothing changed the way the apps worked. Also tried re-installing the apps. Still nothing. Am guessing that either the developers need to update the apps (unlikely given W10 Mobile's market share) or the a future fast ring update addresses this.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I am on the fast ring track with a Lumia 950.

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

Super excited to be on Windows 10 Mobile. A true community platform.

The issue I am seeing is that older apps that aren't updated to the new Windows 10 Mobile layout (menu in the top left) are not following the system wide font size rules. Apps like the new Windows Central app, Groove, Outlook all scale the text as expected. Apps like WhatsApp, MetroMail, and Wunderlist do not.

I set the setting to the lowest possible (300%) and restarted a few times but nothing changed the way the apps worked. Also tried re-installing the apps. Still nothing. Am guessing that either the developers need to update the apps (unlikely given W10 Mobile's market share) or the a future fast ring update addresses this.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I am on the fast ring track with a Lumia 950.

Yea me too, I see this issue did as u have done reinstalled the app twice but nothing, sent a message to WhatsApp about this no reply

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
For WhatsApp we can expect updates. The beta version is being updated on a regular basis, but the features/updates aren't always pushed to the rest of us, but they are working on their w10 version and updating bit by bit, so that's not one we have to worry about. The same goes for the FB app (This wasn't asked, but I'm just throwing it out there).

MetroMail and Wunderlist.. Well I think we'll be seeing updates from Wunderlist, but not sure about MetroMail. It all comes down to how many people are using their apps. You can always send the developers a quick mail and ask :grin: (Probably won't receive an answer from the whatsapp devs tho)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3