HTC Dot View doesn't work because it doesn't stay running.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an HTC M8. With Windows 10, you can close your case and it locks the screen and if you open the case, it unlocks it. However, the Dot View functionality like seeing phone calls come in and the weather and such doesn't work.

I enabled the developer mode and enabled connecting over the network. I connected over the network and was able to send a start to the HTC Dot View app. If you start it while the case is open, it opens the HTC Dot View settings. If you switch apps it ends up disappearing. If you start it while the case is closed, the Dot View functionality works. You can see a call coming in, swipe to answer, swipe to hang up. If you open the case, the functionality is gone and doesn't come back by closing the case. So the problem is the HTC Dot View either isn't getting called as needed or can't stay running in the background.

I submitted this to the Windows Feedback, but thought I'd post it here as well.

anon(6008547)

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I copypasted your comment to a direct message on twitter, begging @htchelp for some info on the dot view update for Windows 10, and surprisingly this is what I got. I don't really know whether we really should believe it or not though... :excited:
Captura de pantalla (42).jpg

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
None of the HTC apps really work on W10. The dot view, duo camera and IR blaster are completely broken and always have been. Don't hold your breath expecting them to fix it when the M8 isn't getting an official W10 update. But hey, the flashlight app works, stunning job HTC.....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap