Why does Amazing Weather HD for WM/WP crash my Netgear C7000 cable modem/router?

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Today I confirmed that Amazing Weather HD is the reason I can not connect my Windows Mobile phones to my home WiFi. If I am connected and I open Amazing Weather HD or it auto updates, my Netgear C7000 will reboot.

I attempted to recreate this multiple times today and the C7000 rebooted every single time. Confirmed with a Lumia 920 and Lumia 950, connected to 5GHz band and running the latest Win10 Mobile build and Amazing Weather HD app.

So, if I can not figure out why this happens (case opened with Netgear since early January), I guess I need a new weather app.

Any recommendations of app with a good lock screen and transparent Live tile?

Last edited:

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I did not have your issue with AW HD on a Linksys AC router. However, I prefer the live tile from Vieather and have no issues with that either. I still use Amazing Weather HD to display on the lock screen.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I have reset the device a few times, tried different bands, lightened security options, and no change. The problem was never addressed. It wasn't until today that I saw it was Amazing Weather HD that triggers the reboot.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
In the end I had to RMA the C7000 with Netgear. They sent me a replacement modem and router which have worked without issue. I even sent Netgear one of my phones (cleaned, of course) so they could test.

Amazing Weather HD was an app that would crash the C7000 every time, even on demand. I captured it on video (I stink at shooting video) and in packet captures with WireShark.

Here's to hoping they figure it out someday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro