My Lumia 830 can't update to the latest software, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 830 cant update to the latest software

I have already tried to use the recovery tool as Microsoft Philippines told me and yet my phone still gets the error message "the update has been downloaded but cannot be opened" soo I decided to send it to the care center, I've waited for a week before I got my phone back and when I try to update it again as the phone notified me, I still get the same error message.

W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 830 cant update to the latest software

my lumia 830 still getting the error "the update was downloaded but cannot be opened" I've tried the recovery tool and same results, tried sending it to the care center and after a week I got my phone back and tried to update again and still same result.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my lumia 830 cant update to the latest software

Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

It is not clear from your post why you are trying the restore tool. Is it to revert from Insider to official? Did the care center not flash your phone? What was the report they sent? Any advice they gave?

Have you seen this article? Lumia Denim update installation error 8018830f on Developer Preview devices: How to resolve

Do you have at least 4GB internal storage free? Have you tried with SIM card and SD card removed?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills