Why no OTG cable support for my Lumia device?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why otg cable not support in lumia device

plz answer my question

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why otg cable not support in lumia device

Just to be clear…

This is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

Here is a help page from Microsoft. New in Windows 10: USB Dual Role on Mobile - Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Please note, this feature will only be available on new Windows 10 devices that support USB Dual Role. This is because of the hardware changes required for the USB port to support device enumeration. While there are devices in the market today that have USB Dual Role capable controllers, the platforms were not designed to support USB Dual Role. New hardware may advertise that they are Dual Role capable.

I take this to mean that while existing Lumias of model name equal or less than x40 may have a capable SoC, it was not enabled physically on the motherboard since Windows Phone 8.1 and below were never going to support OTG in the software.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3