Anyone else experience terrible performance the last two build on older Lumia's?

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
The last two builds even after hard resets I'm having serious issues with WiFi disconnecting and the music app Groove has become useless all it does is freeze and even starts resuming with songs I own and are stored on my device. Really disappointed. I had a feeling I should have opted out a few weeks ago I'm guessing that each new build will become less and less response with older Lumia's as the curtail the OS to the 4 phones that can use w10 mobile without being a insider rather then the 25 phones that where on 8.1.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I used .71 and now on .107 on my 920 I have to say Battery life was woeful, for instance somedays when I'm up at 4 am I'd unplug the device, work out, study and then have a snooze for an 1 - 2 hrs all this time the phone is on stand by doing nothing. I'd wake up to find a dead phone, now it's always at 100%. Furthermore I was getting the "your settings are out of date" for all my outlook.com accounts constantly on .107, however after a hard reset it has gone away.

I should add, both installs were done via the slow ring.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
W10M will run on most devices that were able to get at least Denim previously. How well it will run? Well if it can run on a 920 from 2013 it should be able to run on the rest as well.

The "old users" won't miss out on performance, but we might miss out on features due to outdated chipsets. The fact that the "4 phones" you mentioned are first in line to receive updates from now on doesn't mean that MS is telling the rest that this is the end (at some point they obviously will tho).

If you ask me, this is a simple strategy. MS knows that a lot of us enjoy being on the "front lines" and are willing to subject our devices to cruel and unusual punishment (read unstable updates), so they decided to limit the fast ring to those 4 phones, which in turn should give us enough reason to actually want to buy one, even if it's just to be on the "front line" and nothing else..

But that's just my opinion :winktongue:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Latest 10 on my unlocked L1020 ended up being a minor nightmare sadly.
A failure in my case.

Tried to keep the phone bare bones in an attempt to troubleshoot.
I uninstalled what I could after a hard reset.
The 2 big issues were dismal battery and disappearing Wi-Fi also.
Slow downs and app crashes were rampant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria