What is actually "Insider Release Preview"?

MrCreeper1008

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I've already looked up through the Internet. Still do not understand. Only receiving builds that are going to be released to public? I'm currently on that branch on mobile. Will I receive redstone builds? Can I stop receiving builds so that I can get W10M earlier without getting any other builds after? Can someone explain it to me? Thanks in advance :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
New Windows 10 Insider ring will let you check out release builds before the public | Windows Central

Release Preview – Best for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to updates for the Current Branch, Microsoft applications, and drivers, with minimal risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows devices great.

Right now it gets you 10586.107. I just did this on a Lumia 640 this week. Very stable for me. I did a clean set up on 8.1 (no restore), then installed Insider, chose Release and installed. Then I did a Factory Reset (Settings > System > About > Reset your phone). Still no restore and I set up everything from scratch...

Been using it daily since Sunday with no issues.

YMMV

Last edited:

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
If you download insider you can enroll your phone to receive OS builds straight from MS. They are "beta" builds from MS. Fast ring gets updates 1st, slow gets them a little later. Fast is the most risky, but at this point in the game W10 is stable enough for most to enroll in fast.

You can un-enroll from the program with the app. This should put you back on the normal update schedule. However if you hear a final release of W10 is releasing I personally would restore the phone back to it's OEM state and then let it update.

You can use a free download tool from MS to restore your phone. It's user friendly, self explanatory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo