Windows 10 stuck in safe mode. Something to do with Administrator account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The start button wasn't working after a power outage so I was googling how to fix that and ended up doing what the kid said in a youtube video which involved doing this:

*Open Command Prompt as Admin
*The Command is "sfc /scannow"

Now after restart the computer is in safe mode and a popup says:

'This app can't open - Get Started can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again. '

I don't have any other accounts to sign into so Im not sure what to do..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it has something to do with an admin account. "Get Started" is an app, and I don't think all apps can run in Safe Mode, hence the error you encountered.

Try this:
press the Windows key + R, to bring up the Run dialog box.
type in "msconfig" and press Enter
in the window that appears, open the "Boot" tab, and in that tab make sure that "Safe Boot" is not checked.
Restart your PC afterwards.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

codemasterblackperl

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem "Start Button Wont Work". This is what happens in my pc. I start PC after more than 6 hours of sleep or poweroff it will give me a blue screen. After that none of UWP apps work including "start menu, volume control, settings, action centre etc". So I will just restart the PC and it works as it should.

Every week I check for any errors using

sfc /scannow

if any errors found I will use

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

try this it might work for you too.

Elias79

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it has something to do with an admin account. "Get Started" is an app, and I don't think all apps can run in Safe Mode, hence the error you encountered.

Try this:
press the Windows key + R, to bring up the Run dialog box.
type in "msconfig" and press Enter
in the window that appears, open the "Boot" tab, and in that tab make sure that "Safe Boot" is not checked.
Restart your PC afterwards.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Thank for the help, i had the same problem and was stuck in a non working safe mode with the error message looping preventing user input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos