Who is still on build 10586.107?

dmtechguy26

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem! My Lumia 640 XL received the .107 update (the first true Redstone update I believe) And since then, I can't get my phone to update for the life of me.
Tech support couldn't help me, they just said "Oh I'm sure the new update will be rolled out in your area soon", even though I told him I'm on the fast ring. No combination of uninstalling, reinstalling, re subscribing to Windows Insider preview has helped at all. I've tried soft resets, pulling the SIM card and booting up without it. I've tried logging out of all of my windows live account's on the device and logging into secondary ones. Rebooting, logging back into my primary account. Reinstalling insider preview and subscribing. Nothing that I do. Works. My next step is a hard reset, and I don't like hard resets.

What all have you tried?

tarmanjit manku

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem! My Lumia 640 XL received the .107 update (the first true Redstone update I believe) And since then, I can't get my phone to update for the life of me.
Tech support couldn't help me, they just said "Oh I'm sure the new update will be rolled out in your area soon", even though I told him I'm on the fast ring. No combination of uninstalling, reinstalling, re subscribing to Windows Insider preview has helped at all. I've tried soft resets, pulling the SIM card and booting up without it. I've tried logging out of all of my windows live account's on the device and logging into secondary ones. Rebooting, logging back into my primary account. Reinstalling insider preview and subscribing. Nothing that I do. Works. My next step is a hard reset, and I don't like hard resets.

What all have you tried?
Here's the solution! Go to insider app and select INSIDER RELEASE PREVIEW then your device will reboot or it will directly tell you to "go to settings and check for update". This worked for me. I hope it will help you too. Now i have build 10586.164. :)

dmtechguy26

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I was having some other issues along with the inability to update such as spam web sites especially from Bing in edge, phantom apps. screen not rotating, etc. I ended up doing a hard reset. Also, I ended up discovering that my backups from the last month and a half were all faulty so my restore point was out of date. by the end of the process my device made it up to build 586.164 without my prompting. I am going to put this build through the paces to determine whether or not to suggest it to my wife for her upgrade from WP8.

side question:
How are you feeling about .164 as a reliable, stable, migrating point for a user that has just come from the android platform and has encountered nothing but frustration? if that is not already an active topic I might start a discussion.

tarmanjit manku

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I was having some other issues along with the inability to update such as spam web sites especially from Bing in edge, phantom apps. screen not rotating, etc. I ended up doing a hard reset. Also, I ended up discovering that my backups from the last month and a half were all faulty so my restore point was out of date. by the end of the process my device made it up to build 586.164 without my prompting. I am going to put this build through the paces to determine whether or not to suggest it to my wife for her upgrade from WP8.

side question:
How are you feeling about .164 as a reliable, stable, migrating point for a user that has just come from the android platform and has encountered nothing but frustration? if that is not already an active topic I might start a discussion.
For me this build is quite stable. There are some improvements there too. Like the browser works pretty good if we compare it to that last build (.107). For a user who is coming from an android platform may get frustrated just because you don't find that no. Of apps in windows that you have in android for eg. Snapchat etc. But other than that it is a stable build for me and i can recommend others to go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
domdomonom