NEED HELP; roll back to 8.1 but the phone won't update to W10 under insider program

DCRHAAFMTP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I rolled my Lumia 920 back to 8.1 in hope of installing fresh W10 but when I installed insider app and chose insider fast nothing happens. My phone just upgrade to denim and stopped there. It wasn't like this before because back then it would download the update and install W10 by itself.

I tried soft reset, hard reset, reinstalling insider app, choosing insider fast/slow/RP but nothing works.

If anyone can guide me to a solution please help me!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Switch to the Release ring. That should get you onto the 10586.164 build, eventually. Both the Fast and Slow rings are now Redstone-focused so the 920 won't receive updates on them since it's not supported for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, officially.

Barring that, you will need to edit the registry which is a harder/more involved path to upgrade to W10M.

DCRHAAFMTP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Switch to the Release ring. That should get you onto the 10586.164 build, eventually. Both the Fast and Slow rings are now Redstone-focused so the 920 won't receive updates on them since it's not supported for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, officially.

Barring that, you will need to edit the registry which is a harder/more involved path to upgrade to W10M.

Thank you. I'll try your suggestion and let you know if it works or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes