How do I get Cricket to play nice with ISeeVM (YouMail)?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
How to get Cricket to play nice with ISeeVM (YouMail)?

Had a tragedy within the family causing us all to switch networks. Just switched from AT&T to Cricket since they were under the same umbrella. I'd get to keep my Lumia 950 and the wife could continue using her 1020.

One thing that changed dramatically was visual voicemail. I never wanted to use any form of voicemail, but Cricket has it enabled by default with no easy way to get rid of it. My wife, however - did use VM so she noticed immediately that her visual voicemail was gone.

Cricket has their own VM client, which is Android only from what they tell me, so I looked into alternatives. ISeeVM seems to be perfect... but it's giving me hell.

I try to call the setup numbers they give me (*733478966996, *743478966996) to set up call forwarding and I continuously get "We couldn't connect that call". I manually go into the settings, enable call forwarding and alternate voicemail number to 347-896-6000... and that actually does allow me to get visual voicemail... but then it immediately sends all incoming calls to voicemail.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong here?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ISeeVM > settings > call setup

There is a Hash Code in there to set YouMail as the provider (mine is **004*3478966996#). There is also a button in there to Verify the setup by getting an automated call from YouMail.

Volatile1

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Follow the directions below to activate YouMail for Cricket:

1. Dial *004* [Deposit Number] # and press the send button.

2. Dial **61* [Deposit Number]# and press send button (**61 is no answer call forwarding for Cricket)

Note: Press the dismiss button when a notification appears on your phone. If the message states call forwarding activation was a success then you are done. If it failed redial the activation code.

https://www.youmail.com/youmail/user/testcall/initiate/ To test to see if it is working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap