View hidden files and folders

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way of viewing hidden files and folders on Win10 mobile? And while on the topic, is there a way of deleting apps that were installed using a different phone on the SD card? Storage shows that I have apps installed on my SD card but it doesn't list them and I want to delete then because they're taking too much space and I don't want to format my SD card.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way of viewing hidden files and folders on Win10 mobile? And while on the topic, is there a way of deleting apps that were installed using a different phone on the SD card? Storage shows that I have apps installed on my SD card but it doesn't list them and I want to delete then because they're taking too much space and I don't want to format my SD card.

I'm not sure that you can have hidden files in the phone unless you copied them over from pc

Can you open the sd card from pc? What do you see in the apps section?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

You cannot unhide files on mobile. They need to be unhidden on PC itself. Or there certain file managing apps for WP that let you access hidden files. But I doubt they'll let you access the apps on your SD card; it's highly unlikely.

To remove apps from SD card, try this:-

METHOD I:-
1.) Go to Settings app > System > Storage.
2.) Tap the SD Card (D:) <-- drive letter may vary.
3.) At the bottom of the page click Remove. Confirm your action.
4.) Then remove your SD card from its slot while keeping your phone switched on.
5.) Reboot your phone after removing the card. (this is optional but recommended, doesn't take much time anyways).
6.) After rebooting, insert the SD card. Your phone will detect it and ask if you want to use it to store data. Click yes.
7.) At some point, your phone may ask if you want to delete any apps on the SD card from your previous phone and store new apps to it. Conform it. Done.
##I have mostly seen this happen after hard resetting my phone. Still, there's no harm in trying. If it doesn't work then follow method 2.

METHOD II:- If above steps don't work.
1.) Transfer/backup all your SD card data like music, pictures, etc. to your PC.
2.) Again go to the Storage, tap the SD card.
3.) This time click Format at the end of page.
4.) Confirm your action. This will erase everything on your SD card, including the apps from your previous phone.

METHOD III:-
1.) Hard reset your phone while the SD card is not inserted.
2.) After setting up the phone completely, insert your SD card.
3.) As I said in method 1, your phone will ask if you want to store your data to the card and will ask if you want to delete the apps from the SD card.
4.) Confirm and it will delete those apps.
This is the lengthiest method. Follow it if you are really in need of space. If those apps taking SD card space doesn't bother you then leave it until you plan to hard reset your phone in future.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire