Desktop is freezing. I can't click with the mouse or chose icons without go to task manager. How can I get this working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Desktop is freezing. I can't click with the mouse or chose icons without go to taskmaneger

this is the 2nd time that this had happen to me. About a month ago, I had to restore the machine and start all over. Today is starting to do the same thing. When I'm working, the task bar freeze and won't work until I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to the task manage. I have to click two times on Task Manager words to unfreeze and then to go to the toolbar or do something else. I have 16gb RAM, Windows 8.1. and i just restore las night again and still making the same. Please advice.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Desktop is freezing. I can't click with the mouse or chose icons without go to taskmaneger

What does Task Manager show? What do you do in Task manager to resolve this? I feel like there is a piece missing...

At one time, after an update I had a slow system. I traced it to OneDrive trying to replicate "C:\Users\<my name>" and send it into the cloud. Deleting that folder from OneDrive resolved my issue.

Capture01.png

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo