Is the Lenovo yoga 3 Pro a suitable device for a light user?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am looking into purchasing a Lenovo Yoga 3 pro for a family member at a discounted price . He is a fairly light user, from what I know he mostly browses the web, edits documents in Microsoft Word and uses some basic programs with a little bit of multi-tasking.

I've heard that the core M processor in the Yoga 3 Pro is underwhelming, do you think that this would be a problem for a light user? Is the battery life still reasonable? And does anyone know how the Yoga 3 Pro performs on Windows 10?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For a light user... Not sure fanless is the way to go. For the money you could probably find a better value in the i3 - i5 range.

How important is portability? What about an optical drive? Tablet Mode much?

Is this to be a solution for heavy travel or a Laptop to replace a desktop PC?

Microsoft Store has many nice Signature Edition laptops... It might be worth looking: Laptops and Notebook Computers: Signature Edition PCs | Microsoft Store

You could probably find a better value and bundle in Office 2016 Home and Student. The Yoga 3 Pro doesn't come with Office and an install (as opposed to a 365 subscription) could be a huge value added package.

This looks a solid value to me and even has the 3D Realsense camera for Windows Hello support. Buy Dell Inspiron 15 i5559 Signature Edition Laptop - Microsoft Store

I believe that is less than a Yoga 3 Pro and would be more powerful. Leaves room in the budget for Office.

Again, it goes back to the question of portability and how high that ranks. Also frequency of Tablet Mode use. But you said "light user" so I'm assuming those criteria really are low on the list...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon