How to reset Nokia rm-1073

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My friend put a password on my phone being funny and can't remember it. How do I by pass it to get in my phone to turn it off or reset it to factory settings? I tried pushing the power button and then vol down but it just keeps restarting instead of factory reset. What do I do..
Model number rm-1073

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The 1073 is the lumia 640 afaik and I don't believe it has a dedicated camera button, which means that the hard reset button combo would not work for you..

Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset your device. This will take you back to the OS version which originally came with the phone. So for phones that did not ship with W10M, the WDRT will take it back to 8.0. If the phone was shipped with W10M, the tool will take it back to a version of W10M

Follow this link for instructions and download:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs