why does it want to install windows 10 1151, 10586 on 4-21-16 when It was installed

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why does it want to install windows 10 1151, 10586 on 4-21-16 when It was installed in nov. of 2015 and showed it was installed until 4-21-16 when windows upgrade wants to install it again . when it starts it acts like it is installing windows 10 from scratch ? why ?
they was a new computer on the network that had a verus and call a number for help and then this update show up on my computer which i installed in nov. of 2015. I am running windows 10 right now . Did windows come out with upgrade on 4-21-2016 ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
they was a new computer on the network that had a verus and call a number for help

If you received a pop up that said you have a virus It Is Always A Scam.

If you called the number, that is never good. Did you let them remote access your system? Scammers that get this access can destroy your system or infect it with malware. Seek professional help from a reputable PC repair shop in your area. Check reviews, ask friends and coworkers. Find someone good.

If you gave them any payment method, you are now in danger of having that account drained. Call your bank and report fraud. Take this seriously.

As for the version number, in November there was a cumulative update issued for Windows 10 code name: Threshold. That is version 1511 Build 10586.xxx. The .xxx part is ongoing updates. Currently the Threshold Branch is at 10586.218. The .218 update was issued in April.

You can verify your OS level by typing "winver" (no quotes) into the Cortana/Search box on your task bar and selecting the "Run Command" result.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani